Below are the steps to fixing common issues with Restream FTL. If an issue you're having is not described below, please contact us using our 24/7 Live Chat support for some help!
Error: Missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" and/or "MSVCP140.dll?"
- To resolve this error, please download and install Visual Studio 2015 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Error: "Starting the Output Failed"
- Make sure your drivers are up to date. If so, check that your Audio Sample Rate in your broadcasting software is set to 48khz and not 44.1khz
Stream stutters, lags or is shakey?
- FTL can be very sensitive to jitter in your connection. If you’re experiencing stuttery video, try dropping your bitrate or resolution to see if it stabilizes. It’s also important to select the ingest that is closest to you to minimize the travel time of you stream data.
- If you're experiencing "shakey" streams, try adjusting your bframes to equal "0" (zero).
I'm Getting Screen Tearing and/or Pink or Green Color Distortion.
- Please make sure that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date and try again.
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our 24/7 support team! Click the chat icon at the lower right-hand corner of your screen to ask a question!
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.