If you encountered the LinkedIn expired token error there are few possible reasons:
- It was expired after 2 months (since that is for how long your LinkedIn connection token is valid);
- You have changed your LinkedIn password;
- You have deleted Restream application from LinkedIn.
All those issues are easily resolved by clicking "reconnect" button on your channel at your Restream main dashboard, or by deleting and adding the channel again granting the permisisons.
Important: You will also get this error if you change your personal profile in the settings to organization, or vice versa.
It can be resolved in the same way, but be aware that you cannot have both Organization and Personal profile channels at the same time, since your LinkedIn profile can have only 1 active token at the same time and it is fully shared by your account. Keep in mind that only your latest chosen destination will work for streaming.
Tip: You can use 2 different LinkedIn profiles to add the shared organization and personal profile stream as working channels.
👉 Next steps
- How to use Restream: Getting Started with Restream.io
- How to multistream to LinkedIn with Restream
- LinkedIn Chat
👍 Keep exploring
- How to connect Zoom with Restream
- List of all Restream supported services
- How to choose a subscription plan?
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.