By default, Restream Chat uses appearance parameters stored in user's token. Chat link looks like this:
Chat settings can be overridden with the following query parameters:
- theme - the name of the theme. Values:
any theme listed in theme selector (lowercased, hyphen instead of spaces)
- alignment - message insertion place. Values:
top || bottom
- msgOpacity - opacity of message background. Values:
1 to 100
- chatOpacity - opacity of chat background. Values:
1 to 100
- scale - font size modifier. Values:
10 to anything
- hideMessages - whether to hide messages or not. Values:
true || false
- timeout - hide message delay in seconds. Values:
1 to 180
You can customize chat even more by using Chat CSS. Learn how in this article:
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our 24/7 support team! Click the chat icon at the lower right-hand corner of your screen to ask a question!
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.