YouTube Events can be connected in two ways:
Automatic is the simplest way of connection and it is similar to YouTube Stream Now - it starts streaming after you start streaming to Restream without extra steps.
Manual can be used for more precise control of the stream, or if the automatic system does not work for your channel. Stream has to be confirmed at YouTube.
Automatic Setup of YouTube Events
1. Start by going to your Restream Dashboard
2. Choose "Add Channel"
3. Click “YouTube Events” from the Channel List
4. Choose “Connect YouTube Events” from the Info Page.
5. Select your YouTube account from the Auth Page.
Important: You need to choose your Gmail account with your YouTube channels connected to it if there are multiple Gmail accounts logged in. Then you need to select the correct YouTube account to stream to. There will be an error if you will select the wrong account and you'll need to start over.
6. Click “Allow” from the YouTube Events Auth Page.
7. Give your next event a title, and select the category that best fits your stream. If you have already scheduled an event through YouTube or by following our Advanced steps bellow, you can select it using the "Event" drop-down. Then click "Save"
You are now ready to stream to YouTube Events using Restream!
Note: If you would like more precise control of your event, like: Air time, description, tags and URL. Please scroll down to the Advanced steps below.
- Head over to your Youtube Studio and click "New Stream" or click Create at the top right corner from your Youtube Dashboard.
2. From here you want to:
Add your Stream Title, Select the visibility as Public, Add your Tags at the top, then your stream Description, Select your Stream Category, Schedule your Stream for Later setting a date and time. Upload your Custom Thumbnail.
Important: Set your Audience (Required)
Set Age Restritction (Optional)
After you finishing to fill all your info, click Create Stream button at the bottom.
3. You can now select your event during YouTube Events setup, or editing your YouTube Events settings from your Restream Dashboard.
You are now ready to stream to your custom YouTube Event using Restream!
Manual Setup of YouTube Events
1. Go to the Restream Dashboard
2. Choose “Add a Channel.”
3. Choose “YouTube Events” from the Channel Listing.
4. Select “Setup Manually” from the Info Page
5. Head over to your Youtube Studio and click "New Stream" or click Create at the top rioght corner from your Youtube Dashboard.
6. From here you want to: Add your Stream Title, Select the visibility as Public, Add your Tags at the top, then your stream Description, Select your Stream Category, Schedule your Stream for Later setting a date and time. Upload your Custom Thumbnail.
Important: Set your Audience (Required)
Set Age Restritction (Optional)After you finishing to fill all your info, click Create Stream button at the bottom.
7. In next page you need to Copy Stream Key. You won't need to get any additional data from this page.
8. Head back to your Restream Dashboard and Paste the "Stream Key" into the "Stream Key" field on Restream
9. Head back to YouTube Studio and Click DONE button at the bottom.
10. Now just click at the arrow back at the top of the page
11. Mouse over the event and click on the three dots (Options), then more options will be displayed.
12. Mouse over to "View on YouTube" option, right click then select Copy link Address;
or just click on "View on YouTube" option a the new tab will open, copy the entire URL from the address bar of the Watch Page
13. Paste the URL into Restream's "Stream URL" and choose "Add Channel"
Youtube Events is now connected to the Restream Dashboard!
14. You now can start your stream to Restream.io.
15. After you start the stream, go back to Youtube Studio, then go to the Live Control Room clicking by your Event
16. Start previewing your stream. When the event time comes, press the "GO LIVE" button.
You're now live on YouTube Events with manual connection with full control over your stream!
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our 24/7 support team! Click the chat icon at the lower right-hand corner of your screen to ask a question!
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat