Restream Studio was developed to empower users to set up their simulcasting to multiple platforms of their live videos in a fast and easy way.
Restream Studio is ready to use solution with a number of features to have control over your stream, like captions, backgrounds, overlays, screen sharing, and more. It allows you to stream directly from your browser with no additional equipment required, just your device camera and microphone.
Tip: If you want to have more control over your stream than Restream Studio provides feel free to use encoders such as OBS or any other to stream to Restream. You can learn more about encoders and streaming software here.
Question: Can I invite guests to my stream?! Yes, you can!
How does Restream Studio work?
- Identify what platforms you would like to stream to. The best way to think about it is: "What platforms your customers/users visit or use more often". Is it YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, etc? Remember, you can stream to all the selected platforms at once at the same time. There is no limit on the number of platforms you can stream to
- Add those platforms in the Restream account as channels. (Please keep in mind that some of our channels, like Facebook, require Restream paid subscription. Please see our detailed guide on Restream plans)
- Hop over to Live Studio in your Restream account and start streaming. It’s that easy!
Tip: To get the most of the Restream Studio features you should have at least a Professional subscription.
How to go live?
Important: Restream Studio feature is not yet optimized for mobile devices, and we can't guarantee its proper and stable work while it is used from such devices.
Going live with Restream Studio is really easy, when you are ready to start your stream, simply click on "Go Live"
Your stream will be delivered to the enabled active channels immediately. You can track the status from your "Setup" section.
Tip: You have multiple settings in the left bottom corner which allow you to mute your microphone, disable the camera, start a screen sharing, change your preferred microphone, and camera.
To stop the stream simply click on the "Finish" button, you will be asked in a dialog window to confirm the action.
After your stream is done we will be glad to receive some feedback from you! Or you can simply skip this action.
We will be glad to receive your feedback & ideas.
Restream Studio Features
Restream Studio allows you to control multiple areas, such as:
- Chat - where you can monitor your chat all in one place
- Captions - for creating text banners on your stream.
You can easily choose what text to display in the left bottom corner of your stream byt creating your custom caption.
- Graphics - to add various overlays, backgrounds and logos.
You can upload your own logos, backgrounds and overlays. Background will be displayed when your webcam is disabled, while Overlay will always appear on top of your stream.
Important: Keep in mind that without having Restream Professional subscription or higher you can't disable "Powered by Restream.io" logo in the top right corner.
- Setup - where you can control your outgoing channels and stream titles.
You can easily toggle your channels to decide where your stream should appear, as well as update your titles prior to going live by entering the desired title and clicking on "Update all".
- Screen sharing which will allow you to share your screen and make presentations.
Enjoy your all-in-one Restream Studio experience without the need of suing external encoders, simply go live from your browser!
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our 24/7 support team! Click the chat icon at the lower right-hand corner of your screen to ask a question!