Restream Studio Guests
You can now easily invite guests to your streams. The long-awaited feature is here. It allows inviting people into your stream.
Important: Currently this feature is working for a maximum of 10 participants. So it can be you and nine (9) connected guests, all at the same time together on your stream.
How to invite guests with Restream Studio?
1. When you are all set and prepared for your stream (or even when you are already live-streaming) simply click on the "Guests" icon and you will receive a link you can share with your guest to connect.
2. The guest will be able to join your stream by simply following the link. You can share instructions for guests with them.
Tip: Your guests will need to provide access to their microphone and camera in their browser.
3. As soon as your guests are connected you will see them in the left bottom corner. There you can easily control your stream flow, show and hide guests on stream, remove guests and change the display view.
Note: Guest can hear you after joining by link. You can hear your guests only after you added them to your stream.
4. You can easily decide who will be visible on the stream. Also, when you hide yourself, your guest will be displayed alone.
Note: In this case, your audio won't be available in live stream and guests can't hear you!
5. Also, you can use the "Maximize" feature which maximizes a participant as the primary active speaker hiding all other guests and you.
6. You can choose the way how your camera and guest's layout is displayed on stream anytime during or before the stream start.
7. The guests are free to leave anytime they want or you can kick off them from your stream. This way you can finish with some guests and others can join.
Important: You can't kick the guests if their status is ON AIR, you need to hide guests from the stream first.
How cool is that? You are now able to make live shows and interviews right from your browser with all the awesome features of your personal Restream Studio.
Note: Studio session is preserved a short period of time after leaving it or refreshing the page. If you accidentally close the page, you have a little time to join the same room and guests will still be in place as well as the URL for the RTMP source.
Adjust the volume for your guests
Great news! We have added a volume toggle in Studio. Host has now more control that the stream goes smoothly! You can mute your guests as well as control the guest volume.
More "Guests" and other features are coming. Stay tuned!
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.