First, make sure the following Zoom requirements for streaming meetings are met:
Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
The Host is Licensed
Zoom Client version 4.0.29183.0407 or higher on PC
Zoom Client version 4.0.29208.0410 or higher on Mac
Below, you can watch a video guide on how to connect your Zoom account with Restream and start multistreaming your live Zoom meetings.
Enabling Custom Live Streaming Service (Zoom Admin)
To enable users in your Zoom account to live stream meetings or webinars to Restream, follow the required steps in your Zoom account. For reference, please see the Zoom HC page.
Enabling Custom Live Streaming for Meetings
First, you need to make Zoom be able to live stream via custom streaming services. To do so, you need to enable custom live streaming for meetings in Zoom. Please, follow the steps below:
1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
2. Click Account Management > Account Settings.
3. Choose In Meeting (Advanced) and toggle the Allow live streaming the meetings feature.
4. Click the Custom Live Streaming Service checkbox to enable it.
5. Update the instructions so that the meeting organizer can configure the required settings when they schedule the meeting.
Connect Zoom meeting to Restream
Now, you can connect Restream to your Zoom account and start live streaming Meetings. Here are the steps:
1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal
2. Click create Meeting.
3. Fill in the required information to schedule a meeting.
4. Click Save and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Now, click the configure live stream settings link.
5. You would need to set up the custom live stream.
If you stream via Restream events, please copy RTMP settings for your Restream event.
If you don't create an event via Restream events, open this page, press on RTMP settings button and copy your Stream Key and your RTMP URL.
6. Paste the copied Stream Key and RTMP URL into the Stream Key and Stream URL fields in your Zoom account accordingly.
Tip: You need to insert a forward slash (/) at the end of the RTMP URL, as Zoom does not automatically insert it. The RTMP URL should look like this: rtmp://london.restream.io/live/
Important: Zoom has a bug on their side that does not allow us to use our autodetect server (rtmp://live.restream.io/live/), please make sure to choose any server from the Restream RTMP server list!
7. Copy the URL of your Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Youtube Channel, or other platforms where you are streaming and paste it into the Live streaming page URL field in your Zoom account.
You can do this easily by heading to the Restream dashboard and click on one of your connected channels.
A new browser tab will automatically open, and you can copy the URL of that page. That's the Live streaming page URL you can insert on Zoom.
Note: you can only add one platform here. Restream will still send your stream to all the connected and enabled channels at your Restream account automatically. It doesn’t matter which platform you add here as long as you have this platform in your Restream account as well.
8. Click Save to confirm and apply your live streaming settings.
9. Once you press Start the meeting, press the More button and choose Live on Custom Live Streaming Service. You are now ready to go live with the Zoom meeting with Restream! Restream will automatically send your stream to all destinations selected in your Restream account.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.