This article covers steps needed to take when starting live streaming during the Zoom webinar. It’s assumed that you already followed the steps in this article to connect Zoom and Restream.
It’s also possible to start live streaming without additional preparation during your meeting or webinar. Please follow the steps below to set it up:
1. Start the webinar as usual by doing one of the following:
From your calendar — if you have added the webinar to your calendar, click the link displayed on your calendar reminder.
From the Zoom website — sign into Zoom, find the webinar in the My Webinars tab and click Start.
2. Click the More button on your control panel.
3. Choose Live on Custom Live Stream Service. A browser window will open to show the progress as Zoom prepares the live stream of your webinar.
If you haven’t set up this webinar for live custom streaming, you should simply enter the values provided in the instructions.
4. Go to your Restream Dashboard and copy your Stream Key and RTMP URL from Restream Dashboard. Paste the Restream RTMP URL into the Stream URL field in the Zoom account. Then, paste the Restream Stream Key into the Stream Key field in Zoom.
Tip: You need to insert a forward slash (/) at the end of the RTMP URL, as Zoom does not automatically insert it. The RTMP URL should look like this: rtmp://london.restream.io/live/
Important: Zoom has a bug on their side that does not allow us to use our autodetect server (rtmp://live.restream.io/live/), please make sure to choose any server from the Restream RTMP server list!
5. Copy the URL of your Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Youtube Channel, or other platforms where you are streaming and paste it into the Live streaming page URL field.
Note: you can only add one platform here. Restream will still send your stream to all the connected and enabled channels at your Restream account automatically. It doesn’t matter which platform you add here as long as you have this platform in your Restream account as well.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.