This guide will go over detailed steps to connect YouTube Events manually.
Please keep in mind, that with manual connection Restream APIs (such as Chat, Analytics, others) are not supported. We always recommend an automatic connection to YouTube unless it's not possible for some reason.
Manual Setup of YouTube Events
1. Go to the Restream Dashboard, press “Add a Channel” and choose “YouTube Events” from the Channel Listing.
2. Select “Setup Manually” from the Info Page.
3. Head over to your Youtube Studio and click "Schedule Stream".
6. From here you want to select:
Stream Title - This is how you would be able to find the event in Restream account. Keep in mind that you still can adjust the title and description of your stream from here.
Stream privacy - public, unlisted, or private. If you are planning a closed Event (invitations only) or you are running a test, we recommend setting it to unlisted, otherwise, please choose public.
Choose the category and date of your event. Choose the audience. Please keep in mind that selecting "yes, it's made for kids" category it may require additional approval from YouTube side.
Once you press Create Stream, you will see your scheduled stream in the list of Upcoming streams.
7. Press on the upcoming stream to get details about it. You need to Copy Stream Key. You won't need to get any additional data from this page.
Please make sure you select Autostart options for your event. If you choose not to start and stop it automatically, you'll need to do after you start streaming to Restream.
8. Head back to your Restream Dashboard and Paste the "Stream Key" into the "Stream Key" field on Restream.
9. Now go back to the list of the upcoming streams in YouTube. Mouse over the event and click on the three dots (Options), then more options will be displayed.
Press "Get shareable link". Link will be copied to clipboard.
10. Paste the copied link into Restream's "Stream URL" and choose "Add Channel".
Youtube Events is now connected to the Restream Dashboard!
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat