Both you and your Guests can share the screen for a live demo of the product, showing a presentation, etc. You or your guest can share your screen while keeping your face visible on the stream as well as audio.
Please remember to check the box to enable the audio when you select the screen/window to share.
Please make sure to toggle on (set On Air) yourself and screen sharing box (those options are located on the right side from your preview window) as shown on the screenshot.
There are several layouts available when sharing a screen:
Note: You can switch between windows depending on which screen you would like to spotlight. In the examples above we spotlighted the screen we share but you can spotlight yourself as well.
If you would like to show only the screen you share, please click the maximise button.
What to do if the screen sharing feature doesn't work?
- Screen sharing using MacOS
If you are using mac and screen sharing doesn’t work for you, please do the following:
- Click the :apple: in the top-left corner of your screen and click “System Preferences.”
- Then click “Security & Privacy”.
- Click the “Privacy” tab at the top.
- Scroll down to “Screen Recording”.
- Make sure your browser of choice is checked in that section.
- After you check the box, you’ll be asked to quit and re-open the application, but you probably won’t need to.
- Screen sharing using Windows 10
Users who are on Windows 10 and use Chrome version 80-82 reported that computer crashes when removing a screen share. Please disable hardware acceleration settings in Chrome (chrome://settings/system). This should solve the issue.
Note: We highly recommend to update your Chrome version to the latest one. This should automatically solve the issue.
- Screen sharing using Safari
If you are using Safari and screen sharing doesn’t work for you, please do the following:
- Click Safari - Settings for this website
2. Set the Screen Sharing on Ask or Allow and refresh the browser
👉 Next steps
- How does Restream Studio work?
- How to invite guests to my stream?
- Understanding Restream subscriptions
- Restream Studio Graphics features
👍 Keep exploring
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.