Both you and your Guests can share the screen for a live demo of the product, showing a presentation, etc. You or your guest can share your screen while keeping your face visible on the stream as well as audio.
Please remember to check the box to enable the audio when you select the screen/window to share.
Important: Screen sharing feature is limited on mac and only works in browser tabs. (You can't share Entire screen or Application window) Sadly, it is a limitation due to differences in mac OS. Not all programs are supported for screen sharing audio.
Also please make sure that person who is speaking and sharing a screen (host or guest) is “on air” as shown in the screenshot.
If you are using mac and screen sharing doesn’t work for you, please do the following:
- Click the :apple: in the top-left corner of your screen and click “System Preferences.”
- Then click “Security & Privacy”.
- Click the “Privacy” tab at the top.
- Scroll down to “Screen Recording”.
- Make sure your browser of choice is checked in that section.
- After you check the box, you’ll be asked to quit and re-open the application, but you probably won’t need to.
👉 Next steps
- How does Restream Studio work?
- How to invite guests to my stream?
- Understanding Restream subscriptions
- Restream Studio Graphics features
👍 Keep exploring
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.