Sometimes you can notice that video quality on the end platform differs from the preview to Restream account.
To understand what is causing this, please follow the steps below:
Note: During this 3-5 minute test, you would need to do the same thing you would usually do in Live Studio, like sharing a screen, changing layouts, playing a video, etc.
1. Toggle off all channels in the Restream dashboard.
2. Go to Studio and press "Go Live."
3. Open a new tab in Chrome and insert chrome://webrtc-internals/. A window like this will appear.
4. Find https://studio.restream.io/ in there, then look for the last RTCOutboundRTPVideoStream.
Tip: You can easily search any browser tab by pressing CTRL + F on your keyboard. Just type in RTCOutboundRTPVideoStream and hit Enter until you get to this part of the page.
5. Towards the end of the list of parameters, you should see qualityLimitationReason.
Possible reasons may include none, bandwidth, CPU.
Please keep in mind that reason may change during the stream. We always recommend using a hardwired internet connection (Ethernet cable) as WiFi may flicker, which may impact your stream.
If you're having trouble locating the qualityLimitationReason or RTCOutboundRTPVideoStream, you may click on Create Dump at the top left part of the same page.
Once you've clicked on it, you will see the option to Download the PeerConnection updates and stats data.
Click on it to download a text file. Once downloaded, send us a copy of that text file via chat, and we'll take it from there!
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.