This is one of the most common issues. Below we outlined a few steps that could help you to fix the issue:
1. Check your Internet connection
Internet connection is the most common issue with the video quality. Please run the following tests in order to confirm that it is a reason:
- Speed Test during the test stream (which also helps to figure out the Restream Server to stream to)
- Conduct a Tracert investigation. Any * symbols mean that server on the way is not responding, and your signal may have to look for another way to this will most of the of time will cause the issues with your stream connection and will lead to random disconnects.
Few suggestions for the next steps if you confirm that Internet speed is an issue:
- Contact the Internet service provider to confirm they are not working on the lines and ask them to improve the connection to a certain Restream server.
- Make sure to use a hardwired connection if possible.
- Restart and reset up the router if needed.
- Contact our 24/7 live chat support for additional help and assistance.
2. Check your device
Try watching your stream in another browser or another device. Sometimes compressing the stream takes too many resources, and your primary device can't handle playback of the stream while streaming. Generally, it's better not to have your stream being played back on the streaming device at all.
Monitor your CPU load. Disable your channels and go live directly to Restream, then check to see if there's a lack of free memory or if the CPU is under high load. If that's the case, you can try streaming using Streaming Software like OBS.
3. Try streaming to individual platforms
Try streaming to the individual platforms directly without using Restream. If stream quality is bad while streaming directly to the platform, please contact end platform support. Most probably you don't have necessary permissions for streaming or there is a platform-specific issue.
If streaming directly improves the quality of the stream, there might be an issue connecting to Restream server. You can try streaming to different servers (Speed Test helps to figure out the Restream Server to stream to) using Streaming Software like OBS.
Feel free to contact our support to tell them about your problems and troubleshooting steps you went through, and we'll try to help.
4. Please conduct the following test in Chrome browser. It may show the reason of bad quality, like bandwidth or CPU.
If you have checked all variations described above and you are still experiencing issues with the stream quality, please contact support. The support team would be able to run an extensive diagnostic on your account to identify the issues!
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
- Does streaming with Restream affect the quality of my stream?
- What is a good upload speed for streaming?
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.