You can now enable closed captions for LinkedIn while creating an event via Restream Events.
Note: Auto captions work for English audio content only. Currently, LinkedIn closed captions don't detect or translate to other languages.
Guide to setting up closed captions for LinkedIn via Restream Events:
1. Head over to Restream Events section and choose "Schedule Live Event"
2. Press "Live Stream".
3. You can choose to Schedule an event for later or start it straight away.
If you schedule an event for later, please fill in the following details and then press "Next":
- Date and time (The upcoming event must be no sooner than 1 hour and up to 7 days from now)
- Thumbnail or cover (Upload a custom image to use it as a preview before you go live. Recommended size: 1280 x 720)
4. Choose all the platforms you would like to stream to and press "Edit" besides LinkedIn:
5. Press "Enable Auto Captions".
Note: Captions can be removed on the LinkedIn platform but not added on the LinkedIn platform if not enabled upon creation.
👉 Next steps
- How to multistream to LinkedIn with Restream
- Getting started with Restream Events
- LinkedIn Troubleshooting