We are happy to introduce the RTMP source in Restream Studio. It allows bringing any RTMP stream from a 3rd-party tool into your Studio layout.
Who is this feature for?
Everyone who is looking to use all the Studio functionality, like overlays, captions, logo, chat, and more with your Zoom, OBS, or other streaming software streams.
Want to know more about how you can use this feature? Check out our blog article here.
This feature is available for our company plans only: Premium, Business, or Enterprise packages. Currently, you can add only 1 RTMP Source into the studio with our company plans. Remember, greater customization is possible with our Enterprise plans. Please contact us to learn more about them.
RTMP source is compatible with Events now 🔥
One of the quickest ways to increase your audience reach is to make sure as many people as possible are aware of your live stream beforehand. That’s where Restream Events comes in handy. With this tool, you can easily schedule your live streams and notify your viewers of upcoming live events. Make your upcoming live streams impossible to forget with Restream Events in combination with the RTMP source!
Here are just a few examples of how you can use this feature:
- Connect Zoom to Restream Studio via RTMP source and invite up to 1000 guests to your event!
- Host an amazing event with virtual backgrounds, whiteboards, App Marketplace, and more. Anything you can do with Zoom is available with the RTMP feature.
- Take your event to the next level with professional features from software like vMix, xSplit, or OBS Studio. For example, you can run OBS through Restream Studio and easily change lower thirds, apply additional visual effects, and always have your branding on regardless of the camera source.
Important: You should copy the RTMP Source URL and Stream key right before the start of the event.
Required settings for HD streams:
- Video: up to 720p (1280 x 720) resolution
- FPS: up to 60 frames per second
- AAC encoded audio only
Required settings for Full HD streams:
- Video: up to 1080p (1920×1080) resolution
- FPS: up to 30 frames per second
- AAC encoded audio only
How to pull OBS stream into Restream Studio
- In Restream Studio click on the RTMP icon and copy your RTMP settings.
Important: RTMP URL and stream key are unique for each stream. Copy them every time before going live.
Note: RTMP Source streaming key gets updated in the following situations.
- If no one in the room and no stream: 30 seconds after the host leaves.
- If there are guests in the room or there is an active stream running: 2 minutes after the last host leaves.
- If there are guests and an active stream running: 5 minutes after the last host leaves.
2. In OBS open "Settings" and select "Stream" category.
Service - Custom
Server - RTMP URL from Studio
Stream Key - Stream Key from Studio
3. Start streaming in OBS and this stream will appear in Studio. You would need to toggle it on in Studio to make it appear in the stream as shown on the screenshot below.
All is set! Press "Go Live" in Studio in order to go live to all your selected channels at once!
How to pull a Zoom meeting into Restream Studio
Also, you can connect Zoom with these settings. Please check detailed guidelines on how to set it up here.
Note: Since Zoom is not a hosting platform, it's not possible to send the stream to Zoom.
👉 Next steps
- How to add a Zoom call to Restream Studio
- Guided flow to start streaming with Restream
- What is the best Restream plan for me?
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.