The Events tool of Restream is a great and easy way to create an event on multiple platforms simultaneously. However, if you have an existing YouTube event that you wish to connect to, then this guide is for you!
Follow the steps below to connect an existing YouTube event either via YouTube's API (automatic connection) or via manual configuration.
Automatic Connection (via API)
1. Add a YouTube channel first for your account following this guide.
2. Once added, hover your cursor over your channel on the Restream dashboard to edit its settings.
3. From here, you need to select the title of the pre-created event that you made on YouTube.
4. Then hit Save and that's it! If you have multiple pre-created events, then you would need to do this before streaming for each of your events.
Important: Please note that Restream chat won't work if you connect YouTube manually to Restream.
1. Head over to your Youtube Studio and locate your event.
2. Click on it to get more details about it. On the next window that will open, you need to copy the Stream Key. You won't need to get any additional data from this page.
3. Please make sure you select Auto-start and Auto-stop options for your event. If you choose not to enable these two then you'll need to do start/stop the stream manually on YT directly after you start streaming to Restream.
4. Now go to the Restream Dashboard, press “Add a Channel” and choose “YouTube” from the Channel Listing.
5. Select “Setup Manually” from the Info Page.
6. Paste the "Stream Key" into the "Stream Key" field on Restream.
7. Now go back to the YouTube dashboard. Mouse over the event and click on the arrow, then more options will be displayed.
Press the copy button. The link will be automatically copied to clipboard.
6. Paste the copied link into Restream's "Stream URL" and choose "Add Channel".
YouTube is now connected to the Restream Dashboard!
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
- How to Live Stream Pre-Recorded Videos Using OBS Studio
- How to get more followers on your live stream
- Record your stream without going live
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat