With Restream Pairs, you can invite others to add their channels to your scheduled event, allowing you to live stream to both you and another person's channels, amplifying your views!
Note: To use Restream Pairs, the event host will need at least a Standard plan. But it's totally free for Guests to pair up to 3 channels (including paid ones) even on their free plan. 🎉
How do I invite others to connect their channels to my event?
1. Open your Restream Events page and press "Create Event." Choose "Schedule a Live Stream" while selecting "Encoder I RTMP ". You will finish constructing your event and then click "Next."
2. Choose which of your platforms you would like to stream to and press "Create Event."
3. You'll then see your Restream Pairs link! Send this link to anyone you would like to add channels to your event. They can be directly affiliated with the content or someone that you want to share on their platforms. After you have copied the link, click "Done."
Pro tip: Guests cannot pair with your event any earlier than 7 days in advance. If you share a link with them before that time window, they'll see this message, prompting them to revisit the event 7 days before its scheduled time.
4. When you are ready to go live, click the options button on the event card and click "RTMP Settings."
5. Update your streaming software (OBS, Zoom, XSplit, etc.) with those settings and click "Done."
Important Note: These settings will change for each new event you create. Please be sure to update your Stream Key for each new event.
You're ready to go!
Be sure to remind those you invite to your event to add their channels using the Restream Pairs link! The channels will need to be added before the event starts. Adding channels won't be possible once the event goes live.
How can I see chat messages from paired channels?
Restream Chat is ready to handle all Paired channels! You'll see what channel they're coming from and whether they're from a paired channel or your own!
How can I get my Restream Pairs link after I created the event?
From your Restream Events page, click "Pair Channels" on the event card. The same popup from when you created the event will appear so you can copy the link again.
How can I see which channels others have added to my event or remove channels I don't want?
From your Restream Events page, click the profile images next to "Pair Channels." From here, you can see which channels others have added to your event, and you can disable them with the toggle switch.
You'll be able to easily identify your channels appearing on the left side, while all paired channels will appear to have a link on them.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.