In this guide we will cover setting up your Twitch account, as well as Twitch's stream requirements! Keep on reading to kick off your first Twitch stream via Restream.
Setting up Twitch
1. Before you start adding Twitch you need to ensure that you have enabled Two-Factor authentication for it or you won't be able to connect your channel.
2. Navigate to your Restream Dashboard and click the "Add destination" button.
3. Choose “Twitch” from the Channel Listing.
4. After you choose “Connect Twitch” you will be redirected to a Twitch Authentication page. Here we ask for some basic permissions to help us change the title, description, stream key, and send messages to your chat for you.
5. Choose “Authorize” from the Twitch page.
Twitch is now connected to the Restream Dashboard!
Attention! Please follow the requirements to avoid issues with the quality of the broadcast.
Codec: H.264 (x264)
Mode: Strict CBR
Keyframe Interval: 2 seconds
Maximum bitrate: 6,000kbs
Codec: AAC-LC or MP3, Stereo or Mono
Maximum bit rate: 160 kbps (AAC), 128 kbps (MP3)
Sampling frequency: any (AAC), 44.1 kHz (MP3)
Important note: If you stream to Twitch, the main limiting factor is a maximal bitrate of 6000 kbit/s. If you exceed that Twitch bitrate limitation, you will get the error: 5000, and your viewers will not be able to watch your stream.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Join our Facebook Community and Twitter.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.