These are the most common questions asked by our users. Learn more about Restream and its possibilities!
- Can I stream only audio? Yes, you can. We do support audio-only live streams! You can start a live stream with a static image or black screen and broadcast your audio content. Often, our users would send audio-only streams to Mixcloud, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Can I record my streams? Yes. We save all your streams with Restream Recordings feature.
- Can I have private streams? At the moment the only platform that originally supports this feature is YouTube Live. Please, double check your settings in your YouTube account. You can send your stream as YouTube unlisted, which would make your stream private.
- Is it possible to send two streams to different platforms at the same time? In order to send two simultaneous streams to different multiple platforms, you would need two different Restream accounts to do that. If you are planning to send one stream to YouTube and Twitter, and the other stream to Facebook and Twitch at the same time, you would need to broadcast these two streams from two different Restream accounts.
- Does Restream support the multi-camera option? No. Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available. However, our guys are working on it.
- Are there any limitations on the number of active streams, the number of accounts, etc? No. There is no limitation on the number of hours you can stream, or a number of accounts per platform, or a number of destinations you can send your stream to. We also don't limit your quality (such as bitrate, etc) in any way as well. Even with our free plans! Keep in mind streaming to some platforms may require our paid subscription
- Can I stream to TikTok with Restream? No. Unfortunately, streaming to TikTok is not available yet. We are working on enabling this option in the near future.
- Does streaming with Restream add extra delay to stream? Even with our super fast jet engines converted into Servers, we still add about 2 seconds of delay to your stream. This isn't affected by how many channels you have, it's always 2 seconds or less!
- Do I need an additional upload speed to stream to Restream? Not at all! Our servers have been hit with a secret spell that allows them to do all the work needed to duplicate your stream multiple times and cast it to all connected platforms at once, with no additional Mana needed! Erm, I mean, Bandwidth! If you want to learn more about upload speed for streaming, check out our blog post here.
👉 Next steps
- How to start streaming with Restream
- How to choose the best plan for me
- Equipment needed for the first stream
- Best Settings
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.