Restream Monitor - is a special tool that allows you to monitor your streams in real time! Easily see incoming and outgoing streams data for all of your connected platforms, with a sleek intuitive interface.
This brand new tool will help you to diagnose and find issues within your streaming sessions and maximize viewer experience across all of your destinations!
How to use?!
You can easily access your monitor in the menu of the website. Or just click here!
Here is your stream history displayed along with the duration and also ongoing stream will be indicated as "Online". Simply click on it to proceed to the monitor itself.
Let's take a look at its simple interface.
Here we have our incoming stream data, which updates in the real time.
Data displayed on the bar:
- Bitrate (the average number for the duration of your current session)
- Keyframe interval (the average number for the duration of your current session)
- FPS (the average number for the duration of your current session)
- Frame drops
- Video codec
- Audio codec
- Audio frequency
Tip: On the graphs, we can monitor our current bitrate and frames per second by switching to it.
We can diagnose if something is going wrong by comparing this data to our encoding settings
From the incoming stream tab, we can switch to any outgoing connected channel.
On this YouTube example, in the highlighted region, we can see:
- Bitrate - the average outgoing bitrate
- Successful start - how much successful starts were made with that platform
- Restarts - how any times our system tried to restart the stream after it stopped or was turned down/not accepted by the platform
- Max buffer size - the maximum amount of the buffer size occurred throughout the whole streaming session.
On the graphs, we can monitor the current bitrate and switch to the buffer size in real time.
Restream Monitor will help you diagnose, understand and resolve the problems with your streams and have the best multi-streaming experience!
Important tip: Check out this awesome article if you want to maximize benefits of Restream monitor and learn how analyze the data!
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.