Our users ask, what are the best video settings for streaming prerecorded videos? The simple answer is - the one that is required for you to deliver your content the way it means to be delivered in terms of production and quality.
But there are still some limitations applied to the videos you try to upload to Restream Scheduler, but we have tried to make them that way to fulfill most quality concerned users needs.
So let's see what are the most important video requirements we will divide them into mandatory and optional. Mandatory are the ones you will not be able to upload your video and optional are the ones which provide smoother performance.
- Video format - MP4, MOV, M4V or MKV
- Encoding - H264
- Audio codec - AAC
- Maximum Video size - limited by a Scheduler plan you're on.
1GB max - Free plan;
2GB max - Small plan;
5GB max - Medium plan;
10GB max - Large plan.
- Maximum Video Duration - limited by a Scheduler plan you're on.
30 minutes max - Free plan;
1 hour max - Small plan;
2 hours max - Medium plan;
4 hours max - Large plan.
Note: If you need higher video size or longer video duration for your project, feel free to contact our support service to get information about Enterprise plan.
- Max video resolution - 1080p (1920x1080). Tip: You can use even up to 4k resolution videos, but they will work only with the end streaming services which supports such high resolutions;
- Video fps - 30 or 60
- Rate control mode - CBR (since videos naturally tend to VBR you will most likely need to re-encode it for smoother experience).
You can always see your video parameters after upload under the video itself.
Since optimizing video for live streaming maybe a bit tricky right of the bat we created a special guidance material on how to optimize your videos for live streaming, feel free to check it out!
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledgebase search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.