Our users ask, what are the best video settings for streaming pre-recorded videos? The simple answer is - the one that is required for you to deliver your content the way it means to be delivered in terms of production and quality.
But there are still some limitations applied to the videos you try to upload to Video Storage, but we have tried to make them that way to fulfil most quality concerned users needs.
So let's see what are the most important video requirements we will divide them into mandatory and optional. Mandatory are the ones you will not be able to upload your video without and optional are the ones which provide smoother performance.
- Video format - MP4, MOV, M4V or MKV
- Encoding - H264
- Audio codec - AAC
- Keyframe - 2
- Maximum Video size - limited by a Scheduler plan you're on.
2GB max - Professional plan;
5GB max - Premium plan;
10GB max - Business plan.
- Maximum Video Duration - limited by a Scheduler plan you're on.
1 hours max - Professional plan;
2 hours max - Premium plan;
4 hours - Business plan
ENTERPRISE plan offers you a fully customizable package of features by request.
Tip: Feel free to fill in our Enterprise contact application form here.
- Max video resolution - 1080p (1920x1080). Tip: You can use even up to 4k resolution videos, but they will work only with the end streaming services which support such high resolutions;
- Video fps - 30 or 60
- Rate control mode - CBR (since videos naturally tend to VBR you will most likely need to re-encode it for smoother experience).
- Bitrate - depends on the platforms you stream to. Please check this article.
You can always see your video parameters after uploading under the video itself.
Note: Please add additional 15-20 seconds before and after the stream (for example, the welcome screen at the beginning of the video). End platforms need some time to properly process your incoming stream.
Since optimizing video for live streaming maybe a bit tricky right of the bat we created a special guidance material on how to optimize your videos for live streaming, feel free to check it out!
👉 Next steps
- Ensure that the video file is in accordance with your subscription plan
- Upload your video to Scheduler
- Schedule your event
- Scheduler FAQs
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.