Facebook profile comments
Important: Restream Chat can receive comments only for the public streams!
When you're connecting Restream to your profile, Facebook is trying set the privacy to friends-only by default.
So make sure to set this option to "Public" when adding your Facebook profile and granting your permissions to the application.
- On the authorization screen click on the dropdown with "Friends"
2. Choose "Public" from the list.
3. Click on "Ok" to save changes.
Your posts will appear public on Facebook. You can check out the detailed connection guide down below.
How to make sure all your future streams public if you have not done it initially.
To make all your future streams to Facebook public you need to:
2. On next screen, scroll down and look for the section about visibility and post audience setting. Select Public, then click Save.
From now on when you stream to your profile, viewer comments will show up on your Restream Chat.
You can learn more about Restream chat capabilities by the link below.
What to do if my current stream is not public?
If you’re live right now and not seeing viewer comments, you’ll need to make the stream public:
- Find your stream on Facebook. You can simply click on your Facebook channel at Resstream.io main dashboard to be redirected to your stream on Facebook.
- Click the privacy icon for your stream, then change it to Public.
From now on your viewers comments should start appearing on Your Restream Chat.
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our 24/7 support team! Click the chat icon at the lower right-hand corner of your screen to ask a question!