If you want to add Steam to Restream press the Add Channel button in your Restream Dashboard.
1. Select Steam from the platform list.
2. The next step is to join the Store Broadcast Beta group. It's required for streaming on Steam.
3. After joining the group, create an RTMP token with the button at the bottom of the setup page.
4. Next, copy the recommended RTMP link which is located at top of the server list, and insert it to the RTMP URL field on the Restream Dashboard. You can use one of the servers from the list if your selected Restream server is located not in your area.
5. Get your Streaming Token from the bottom of the page and insert it into the Key field on the Restream Dashboard.
6. After filling the fields, press the Add Channel button.
7. Your Steam profile is now added to the Restream.io dashboard.
8. Remember to enable public access for viewers at the Steam Setup page in order to get your stream to game communities.
Additionally, allow your stream to be viewed by anyone in the Steam client if people are not able to watch your stream.
9. When you start streaming to Restream, you will have your stream added to your Steam profile and the active game community.
Tip: Steam requires 16:9 resolution (1280x720, 1920x1080). If your stream doesn't get published, try adjusting your scene parameters.
Important note: Steam requires a non-limited account to stream, which they define as an account that has spent at least 5 USD on the Steam store. For more information on these requirements, please check Steam's resources here.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.