Facebook is the most known social media platform in the world! You can now easily increase your reach to Facebook using Restream!
Facebook Streaming Requirements
Important: We strongly recommend to follow the Facebook streaming requirements, otherwise we do not guarantee the proper work for this service.
- Facebook accepts video in maximum 720p (1280 x 720) resolution,
- 30 frames per second,
- Key frame interval 2 seconds,
- Maximum bitrate 4000 Kbps.
- Titles must be less than 255 characters otherwise the stream will fail.
- H264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio only.
Note: If you are a Facebook partner or Level Up Gaming member, you have increased encoding allowances. Please consult the documentation of your Facebook agreement for details on your Facebook encoding allowance. You can apply to be a Facebook partner here if you fit the requirements: https://www.facebook.com/business/marketing-partners/about/facebook-marketing-partner-requirements
- 240-Minute maximum length (Learn More).
Note: When setting up Facebook, you will be asked if you want to enable "Continuous Live Streaming." With this option enabled you can stream longer than 240 minutes, but the stream will not be saved.
- Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square.
- Frame Types: Progressive Scan.
- Audio Sample Rate: 44.1 KHz.
- Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbps stereo.
- Bitrate Encoding: CBR.
How to connect Facebook to Restream
1. Navigate to your Restream Dashboard and click the "Add channel" button.
2. In the stripe of paid platforms at the bottom of the next page select Facebook Live.
3. Hit Connect Facebook.
4. Grant Restream access to your Facebook account.
Note: to post to certain pages your account should have rights of managing those pages.
5. Select visibility of your streams. This option may be changed only with revoking Restream's access to your Facebook page and granting it again later.
6. Allow Restream to manage your pages. This will let us start the stream for you.
7. Now head to your new channel's settings. Click the gear icon at the channel's card, and then "Edit Settings."
8. Select the page you want to stream to from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you want to change access settings for your streams, you need to remove Restream application from Business Integration page of Facebook and then connect Facebook at Restream again granting the right permissions.
Tip: You can use "Contunies live streaming" by simply enabling it in the cahnnel settings at Restream. Remember that Facebook does not save your continues live stream videos, but that allows you to go over 8 hours single stream session limit.
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.