Facebook is the most known social media platform in the world! You can now easily increase your reach to Facebook using Restream!
Facebook can be connected in 2 ways:
Automatic is the simplest way of connection - it starts streaming after you start streaming to Restream without extra steps.
Manual connection is only recommended if you otherwise are unable to connect via our general API process, as Custom RTMP channels do not work with our chat software.
Important: You can stream to 1 Facebook personal profile for free. Streaming to more than 2 personal FB profiles, FB group or public page requires a paid plan.
Facebook Streaming Requirements
Important: We strongly recommend to follow the Facebook streaming requirements, otherwise we do not guarantee the proper work for this service.
- Facebook accepts video in maximum 720p (1280 x 720) resolution,
- 30 frames per second,
- Key frame interval 2 seconds,
- Maximum bitrate 4000 Kbps.
- Titles must be less than 255 characters otherwise the stream will fail.
- H264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio only.
Note: If you are a Facebook partner or Level Up Gaming member, you have increased encoding allowances. Please consult the documentation of your Facebook agreement for details on your Facebook encoding allowance. You can apply to be a Facebook partner here if you fit the requirements: https://www.facebook.com/business/marketing-partners/about/facebook-marketing-partner-requirements
- 480-Minute (8 hours) maximum length (Learn More). After 480 minutes, a new stream key must be generated.
- Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square.
- Frame Types: Progressive Scan.
- Audio Sample Rate: 44.1 KHz.
- Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbps stereo.
- Bitrate Encoding: CBR.
How to automatically connect Facebook to Restream
1. Navigate to your Restream Dashboard and click the "Add channel" button.
2. In the stripe of paid platforms at the bottom of the next page select Facebook Live.
3. Hit Connect Facebook.
4. Grant Restream access to your Facebook account.
Note: To stream to certain pages you should have rights of managing those pages (be admin or editor of that page).
Note 2: If you don't see your name at the button and are redirected to Facebook main page, you need to switch from your business page to your personal page at Facebook before proceeding - then you should be able to add your business page.
5. Select visibility of your streams. This option may be changed only with revoking Restream's access to your Facebook page and granting it again later.
6. Allow Restream to manage your pages. This will let us start the stream for you.
7. Now head to your new channel's settings. Click the gear icon at the channel's card, and then "Edit Settings."
8. Select the page you want to stream to from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you want to change access settings for your streams, you need to remove Restream application from Business Integration page of Facebook and then connect Facebook at Restream again granting the right permissions.
👉 Next steps
- How to make your Facebook profile streams public
- How to manually connect Facebook to Restream
- Why did my stream lose the first and last portions of the video?
👍 Keep exploring
- How to choose a subscription plan?
- Guided flow to start streaming with Restream
- Read & Reply with Restream Chat
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.