You can show your viewers the incoming messages from all platforms on your stream's feed with Restream Chat's embed option. This tutorial will use OBS Studio but any software that supports Browser Sources will work mostly the same!
1) To begin, you'll need to open Restream Chat.
2) Upon accessing Restream Chat, you will be able to locate your settings in the bottom right corner.
3) Then, simply select the "Embed in stream" section! From this page, you can edit many functions of the embedded chat. You can change the theme, message alignment, size, opacity, and more! 🔥
4) Once you've tuned the settings to your liking, click COPY next to the URL at the top.
5) From OBS Studio (or similar software), click the + under Sources and click "Browser".
6) Name the source something like "Restream Chat," and click OK.
7) Click on the URL box in the pop-up window and remove the current URL. Once the default URL is gone paste the URL you copied earlier into the box, then click OK.
Note: Every time you make a change in your Chat settings, select the Chat source and click refresh to get the updated look.
Advanced Configuration: From this same section you can do CSS editing, this is only recommended for advanced users. Restream offers a guide on this process here:
You'll then see the chat on top of your stream in the OBS Preview window. You can adjust the size like you would with any normal source.
You are all set! Enjoy!
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.