This easy guide will help you to understand how to manage your subscription plan and switch between them.
2. Billing. You can see your current active plan and the information - like 'payment period', 'included features' and 'next charge date' your account 'proration credits' balance, current payment method card and your ad-ons like Transcoding hours left.
You can move to editing your plan by clicking on the 'Edit' button on your current subscription.
Tip: You can also check what's the features can be included here.
3. Editing. Here you can edit your plan:
- cancel it (your subscription will stay active for the period you paid for);
- change quantity;
- change a recurring type (monthly/yearly).
4. After you have decided on the changes you make, just click "Upgrade my plan" button to apply them and you are ready to go with all your new options.
Important information! A lot of users ask what happens if they upgraded or downgraded their subscription, or changed monthly to yearly. Here is a brief explanation to make it simple.
When you are making any the changes and save them - proration applies to it, so the system calculates the difference between your current plan and new one you switching to. That means that it calculates the difference in between the option you had with the time used on it and the new one, so it makes calculation regarding the price difference between those options.
For example: If you change your $49 subscription plan you already paid and used for few days into $19 - you will not be charged now and even the next period, because the difference covers it, until the moment when the difference is not enough (you will be charged only for the amount needed). Or if you change your monthly $49 subscription into the yearly for $300 you will be charged with $251 because it is the price difference.
You can see all the 'Poration' balance that will be applied or withdrawn from your account upon the edit confirmation.
Important: If you upgrade a plan you will be charged right away for the sum to cover the current payment period or granted additional balance!
The current Proration balance is displayed in your billing section if you have any amount.
Tip: Here is an article that will help you deeply understand the 'Proration' and how it works.
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledgebase search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.