In short, this feature allows you to stream to streaming services that may be outside your region. Whether a certain destination is blocked in your region, or it's just too far away, Restream Proxy will help make sure your stream reaches its destination!
In a more advanced explanation, Restream Proxy uses our super high speed data centers all over the world to jump your stream from region to region using our various locations as repeaters.
When done this way, your stream has less potential to lose its "umph" on its way to a destination thousands of miles away. Instead, it will take short bursts jumping from one Restream location to the next until it can safely reach its destination.
You need to be subscribed to one of the plans to have this option enabled.
How to Set Up Restream Proxy
- To enable Proxy for a specific channel, click the settings icon and click "Edit Settings."
2. Then change the Proxy server to a location near the destination geographically.
Tip: On the example we are using Asian service from EU, which means we better choose the server located in the propper region.
3. Click Save and start a stream! You're ready to go with Restream Proxy.
From this point, no matter what Restream location you stream to, that channel will receive the stream Proxy Server you select. You can edit or change the Proxy Server at any time!
👉 Next steps
- Guided flow to start streaming with Restream
- Channel Setup Guides
- How to find the best Restream server?
👍 Keep exploring
- Downgrade the quality of specific connected channels, without affecting the rest of your streams
- Learn about Fail Safe Stream Backup
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.