If you would like to add an additional channel of the same platform (extra destination) or would like to stream to a platform that is not listed among supported services (custom destination), you can use our Custom RTMP feature and stream to any destination that provides a RTMP URL and stream key.
For example, you would like to stream to Facebook personal page and Vimeo. Facebook personal page is listed among our supported services and you can stream to it for free. To stream to Facebook personal page and Vimeo you need 1 custom destination. You would need our standard plan that supports 1 custom destination.
If you decide to stream to 2 Facebook personal pages, Facebook group, YouTube and Vimeo, you would need 2 extra destinations since any additional Facebook channel requires it and you will need 1 custom destination for Vimeo. That would be included in our professional plan.
How to add Custom RTMP?
1. Simply click on "Add channel" button and proceed to the end of platforms list. Chose "Custom Platform (RTMP)" option. You will be asked to purchase it if you have not done it already.
2. Fill in your custom RTMP URL and Stream Key provided by the platform you connecting and click "Add channel"
Note: If you need to use RTMPS, the steps are the same, just use your RTMPS URL in place of a RTMP URL.
If you need, you can use RTMP Authentication with your username and password, but normally this is not necessary.
3. Your custom RTMP will be added to the list of your current connected platforms.
Please keep in mind, that a Custom RTMP platform will not always be unable to receive status information. While most channels will show "Online/Offline" or "Connecting.." a Custom RTMP platform may show "Statuses for this platform are not supported" this isn't an error and can't be fixed, but it still should display proper statuses for most of the custom services.
Tip: Make sure to check our Supported Services article.
👉 Next steps
- How to choose a subscription plan?
- Guided flow to start streaming with Restream
- Adding Channels to Restream
👍 Keep exploring
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.