Restream Analytics helps you get insights on your live stream performance across multiple destinations by aggregating data from your streaming platforms and making it possible to compare your channels' performance in one place.
Here are the main metrics provided by Restream Analytics. We’ve divided them into four categories: Stream Metrics, Chat Metrics, Audience Metrics, and Followers Metrics.
- Streams – the number of streams you have broadcasted via Restream over a period of time.
- Average duration – the average duration of streams you have broadcasted via Restream over a period of time.
- Streamed time – the total duration of streams you have broadcasted via Restream over a period of time.
Don’t forget to have your Restream Chat opened during the broadcasts for chat metrics to be calculated.
- Chatters – the number of unique chatters who sent at least one message during your streams over a period of time or during a streaming session.
- Chat messages – the number of chat messages you have sent and received during your streams over a period of time or during a streaming session.
- Popular phrases – the most popular phrases from the chat messages you have received during a streaming session.
- Top chatters – chatters who sent the most messages during your streams over a period of time or during a streaming session.
- Viewers – the number of concurrent viewers you’ve got at a particular moment during your stream.
- Average viewers – the average number of concurrent viewers you’ve got during your streams over a period of time or during a streaming session.
- Maximum viewers – the maximum number of viewers you’ve got during your streams over a period of time or during a streaming session.
- Watched minutes – the total viewership of your streaming session or your streams over a period of time. It is calculated by multiplying average viewers and a session duration or streamed time over a period of time.
- Views – the total number of views during a streaming session. The view definition depends on the platform; if a platform doesn’t support a views metric, maximum viewers is taken instead. Please check your end platform’s documentation for details.
- Peak Time – the time of your stream when the audience peaked.
- Followers – the number of your streaming channel’s followers.
- New followers – the number of followers gained (or lost) during your streaming session.
- Growth rate – the number of new followers you've been getting per hour during your streaming session.
Unfortunately, not every streaming platform allows us to get full data. Down below, you can see a list of platforms supported by Restream Analytics, as well as which metrics can be collected.
- I don't see my chat analytics in Restream Analytics. Please, make sure Restream Chat is used during the streaming session(s). It is required to have Restream Chat open during your broadcasts for chat metrics to be calculated.
- Why does the number of average viewers (or another metric) differ in Restream Analytics and on an end platform? It is possible that the number of average viewers (or other metrics) you see in Restream Analytics would be slightly different from what you see on Twitch, YouTube, or other end platforms. We pull data from end platforms every few seconds. Therefore, some particular timestamps or resolution can slightly differ from what end platforms use to calculate the same metric when we calculate aggregated metrics.
- Is it possible to export Restream Analytics data as a CSV or PDF? No. Unfortunately, it is not possible at the moment.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
- Learn about Restream Chat
- Share multistreaming tools with your friends while earning rewards
- Ways you can make money live streaming
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.