With over 2 billion users, YouTube is the biggest video viewing platform in the world. There are multiple reasons for streaming to YouTube, which we cover in more detail in our blog here. It's an absolute must-have for anyone thinking of live streaming!
With Restream you don't have to choose the platform where you would like to stream to, just stream to all of them at once! This will help you boost reach and engagement.
Tip: If something happens during your stream and you need to re-connect one more time (Internet connection is lost or you need to re-start the stream). We will continue trying to reconnect to the same stream for the 60 sec.
Currently, we support two types of connections to YouTube: Automatic and Manual.
We recommend connecting YouTube automatically, as this will allow you to retain Restream APIs (such as Restream Analytics, Chat, etc) which are not available with Manual connection. Also, with an automatic connection, you will be able to start a stream on YouTube without creating an event beforehand!
Tip: If you would like to connect 2nd YouTube channel to your Restream account, this may require a paid subscription. Please see more information on different plans.
Note: To be able to stream to YouTube from a mobile device you need to have at least 1000 followers otherwise YouTube won’t allow a stream.
Automatic Setup of YouTube
1. Start by going to your Restream Dashboard and choose YouTube
2. Choose "Connect YouTube"
3. Select your YouTube account from the Authorisation Page.
Tip: If you have multiple Gmail accounts, please choose the same as your active YouTube channel! Gmail account itself doesn't mean that you have YouTube channel associated with it. Our system may give you an error if you connect an incorrect account or you may not be able to start/see your stream later.
Also, please make sure streaming is enabled on your YouTube account. You can check it here.
4. Click “Allow” from the YouTube Auth Page.
5. In Restream account, you will see a pop-up window. Give your next event a title, and select the category that best fits your stream. Please note, that you can change Event title and description later (both from YouTube side and in Restream account) by adjusting it here.
Important: If you want to go live straight away (without creating an event on YouTube beforehand) just keep "Create new" under Events and go live using Restream Studio or Streaming Software. You can change the title and description of your stream here before you go live.
👉 Next steps
- Guided flow to start streaming with Restream
- List of all Restream supported services
- Why did my stream lose the first and last portions of the video?
👍 Keep exploring
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat