With over 2 billion users, YouTube is the biggest video viewing platform in the world. There are multiple reasons for streaming to YouTube, which we cover in more detail in our blog here. It's an absolute must-have for anyone thinking of live streaming!
With Restream you don't have to choose the platform where you would like to stream to, just stream to all of them at once! This will help you boost reach and engagement.
Tip: If something happens during your stream and you need to re-connect one more time (Internet connection is lost or you need to re-start the stream). We will continue trying to reconnect to the same stream for 60 sec.
Tip: If you would like to connect 2nd YouTube channel to your Restream account, this may require a paid subscription. Please see more information on different plans.
Important: We recommend a bitrate under 10000 Kbps for the best streaming results!
Automatic Setup of YouTube Events
1. Navigate to your Restream Dashboard and click the "Add destination" button.
2. Choose the YouTube icon and press Connect YouTube button.
3. Select your YouTube account from the Authorisation Page.
Tip: If you have multiple Gmail accounts, please choose the same as your active YouTube channel! Gmail account itself doesn't mean that you have YouTube channel associated with it. Our system may give you an error if you connect an incorrect account or you may not be able to start/see your stream later.
Also, please make sure streaming is enabled on your YouTube account. You can check it here.
4. Click “Allow” from the YouTube Events Auth Page.
5. In the Restream account, you will see a pop-up window. Give your next event a title, description, select the category that best fits your stream. and choose stream privacy. Please note, that you can also change those details later.
Important: If you want to go live straight away (without creating an event on YouTube beforehand) just keep "Create new" under events in your Restream.io account and go live using Restream Studio or Streaming Software.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.