We always recommend our users test the stream before going live. This could help you identify some issues and prevent them before you actually start streaming for your audience. Some of the common issues may include:
- The video quality is choppy or lagging. This case mostly happens either due to a poor Internet connection or issues with your stream settings.
- The audio is not working. This is often caused by your audio devices or the audio settings of your stream.
- Stream randomly stops in the middle. Usually, this happens due to the streaming platform policy restrictions.
- Pre-recorded video quality. This issue typically occurs because of the video not being prepared correctly for live streaming. Check our guide on HandBrake, a free tool that helps you optimize any video for live streaming.
If you encounter any of these issues while you are testing your stream, please contact our Support team via the Live Chat. We will do our best to help you.
Tip: Live streaming requires a good-quality Internet connection. Please try to avoid using mobile networks for streaming, as this can have a direct impact on your video quality. Additionally, we would recommend setting your stream from a machine with a higher CPU processing power.
How to set up the test of your live stream
Ideally, you would like to test your stream exactly in the same conditions you are planning to send it live. However, it’s not always possible, and we recommend sending Private streams to some of the platforms you would like to stream to.
You can enable private streams in the settings of the end platforms. For instance:
This is a tricky one, but with a few clicks, you can set up your streams to be private. Just follow our HC article on how to manage the visibility of Facebook streams.
Unfortunately, YouTube doesn’t support private streaming. Instead, we suggest creating an Unlisted Stream, which also suits your goal of testing the stream.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
- What is a good upload speed for streaming?
- Ways to monitor the quality of live streaming
- The best settings to use when streaming to Restream
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.