LinkedIn Scheduled Live allows you to create and schedule events at a specific time in the future. This is an amazing feature for businesses and individuals who would like to go live at a certain time and share a link with their audience in advance of the stream.
Tip: In order to enable this feature, please make sure that you have a verified LinkedIn account for streaming. You can easily do this by filling in the following form.
Benefits of using LinkedIn Scheduled Live:
The event can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance, and at minimum 1 hour before your stream
The link to the event can be shared with your audience in advance
Your audience would be able to set a reminder to the event from the LinkedIn page
Technical details of the LinkedIn Scheduled Live:
The Scheduled Live time is displayed in your local time
The date, time, and image can’t be updated or changed after you set it
You can change the post copy/ “Description” on LinkedIn
You can't change the video title after the event is scheduled
You can go live up to 15 minutes early
You can go live a max of 2 hours late
If you “miss” your window (15 min before, 2 hr after) to go live the post will update to say “canceled” and no notifications will be sent out
Creating LinkedIn Scheduled Live with Restream
1. Head over to your Restream account
2. Follow this guide to add the LinkedIn channel to Restream account
3. On the Events page in Restream and press "Create Event". Choose destinations that you would like to go live to and press "Edit"
4. Here you can add additional information about the event. Select event title, description, upload cover image, select the date and time you would like to go live, and press "Save".
5. The event is created! It's that easy :) Now you can go live using RTMP settings (in case you are using streaming software, like OBS) or go live from your browser by choosing "Enter Live Studio". You can also get the link to the event on LinkedIn by pressing the LinkedIn logo on this page
6. "Enter Live Studio" link will take you to Restream Studio where all the details of your event are already set up and you can go live at a set time from your browser. You can adjust graphics (set up overlays, background, pre-roll) from here. As soon as your stream is live, the chat will be populating to this window as well. Press "Go Live" to start streaming.
7. You can find the link to the LinkedIn Scheduled Live event on your LinkedIn main page, under the activity section
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.