Important: Please note that all API-dependent features such as Restream Chat, Analytics, Events, Titles page, etc. won't work if you connect Facebook manually to Restream.
While the Events tool is a great and easy way to create an event on multiple platforms simultaneously, it's not the solution for all situations especially if you already have a pre-created event.
Follow the steps below to connect an existing Facebook event with your Restream account.
1. Go to Facebook Live Producer.
2. From here, switch to the page you manage wherein the event is already created.
3. Once the correct page is selected, click on Upcoming Live Videos and Events.
4. You will then see a page similar to this. Locate your event and then click Edit Post.
5. We will need to copy the unique stream key generated for your event.
7. Copy and paste this rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ as your RTMP URL and insert the same stream key you copied earlier from Facebook.
8. Click on "Add Channel."
9. And that's it! Start streaming a few minutes before the time you've set at Facebook and it will go live automatically at the scheduled time.
Important Note: Facebook will NOT show your stream as live on your page until your scheduled time. This does not apply if you schedule the stream through our Events page (you can start the stream ahead of the scheduled time with this method. Learn more here.)
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind when streaming to Facebook:
We strongly recommend following the Facebook streaming requirements, otherwise, we do not guarantee the proper work for this service.
Expected resolution: 720p (1280 x 720) at 30 frames per second.
Keyframe: GOP of 2 seconds or keyframe every 2 seconds.
Recommended max bit rate: 4000-6000 Kbps. The right bit rate will depend on the speed of your internet connection. Learn more about avoiding connectivity issues.
Live API: H264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio-only.
8-hour maximum length
Sample rate: 48 kHz
Channel layout: Stereo or Mono
Bit rate: up to 256 kbps
Pixel aspect ratio: Square
Frame Types: Progressive Scan
Bitrate Encoding: CBR
👍 Keep exploring
Would you like to learn some tricks from the community?
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our 24/7 Live Chat.