LinkedIn — the social network for the working world with close to 600 million users globally. LinkedIn Live focuses on streaming things like Q&As, events, conferences, earnings calls, awards ceremonies, product announcements, and more. Here you will learn about:
Important Note: Access to live video broadcasting is only enabled if LinkedIn approves a profile or company page. You can check how you can become a LinkedIn Live Broadcaster here.
Tip: Adding a LinkedIn channel on Restream triggers the auto-apply function of LinkedIn. If you get an error that you are not approved, you can review LinkedIn's live broadcasting criteria. If you fail to meet some criteria, LinkedIn advises that you can check again after 30 days, if you feel that your status has changed.
LinkedIn Supported Stream Settings
If your stream exceeds any of these requirements, especially the FPS, LinkedIn will not allow the stream to connect to its platform.
Duration: Max: 4 Hours
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Resolution: max 1080p
Frame Rate: max 30 fps
Key Frame: every 2 seconds (60 frames)
Bitrate: max 6 Mbps video; max 128 kbps audio, 48 khz sample rate
Encoding: H264 video, AAC audio
Protocol: RTMP/RTMPS (preferred)
How to connect LinkedIn to Restream
1. To begin, head to your Restream Dashboard and click "Add Destination."
2. Then select "LinkedIn" from the list of 30+ supported platforms.
Tip: Due to the recent change in LinkedIn policy, it's only allowed to have one LinkedIn account added to one Restream account.
3. Proceed to select whether you want to connect to your profile or a page you manage.
4. You will be automatically forwarded to LinkedIn's site where you will log in with your LinkedIn email/phone and password, then click "Sign in."
5. You will then be asked if you want to grant Restream access to the areas necessary for streaming to your account. To continue, click "Allow."
6. If you have selected a profile, it will be automatically added to your channel list after the authorization. If you have selected a page, a window with a list of the available pages that your profile manages will show up. Click on the desired page to select it as the channel that will be added to Restream.
That's it! You're now ready to stream to LinkedIn to Restream! 😄
Pro tip: Check out this guide if you want to improve your LinkedIn Live streaming!
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Would like to learn some tricks from the community?
Please join our Discord.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the Restream Support team via our Live Chat.